Are you interested in financing a mobile home for yourself to live in? Well, we hope to provide some valuable information on how to properly finance your mobile home. First, you must understand the basics of the procedure.
Understanding Mobile Home Parks
Mobile Home Parks are pieces of land owned by an investor or mobile home park owner who rent the spaces on their land to residents who wish to live there. Typically, mobile home investors or owners will provide the residents with amenities such as community centers, pools, spas, banquet centers, playgrounds, etc..
Apart from the recreational activities that mobile homeowners or investors provide, they are also responsible for ensuring the sidewalks, roads, and all maintenance is kept up to date and in a safe manner. Mobile home investors or owners will usually hire a management officer or company to take control of the park day to day operations. Mobile home parks should be safe and affordable options for living.
As a resident, you are bound to an agreement with your landlord called the MRL. This is the Mobile Home Residency Law which outlines the agreement between a landlord and residents in mobile home parks. You have several responsibilities and rules to follow when living in a mobile home park. The rules are more commonsensical and don’t stray far from more traditional home rental.
Financing a Mobile Home
When you are financing a mobile home for yourself it’s important to follow these rules:
- Understand Your Park. Look into the reviews, schedule tours, talk to the community, etc.
- What can you afford? How much income are you making each month? Can you pay the mortgage and space rental fees each month for your particular park?
- Speak with Financiers. Speaking with loan companies, banks, and other financing options is necessary to acquire the appropriate funding you need.
- Read your Documents. When entering into an agreement with a mobile home park or financier, make sure to read your documents and do your homework!!
- Close the Deal. Finally, close the deal and move into your new awesome mobile home park!
Follow our blog for more awesome updates! Thanks for tuning in and we hope to see you back.